vendredi 1 février 2008

I just don't work in the right department.

I know: Marketing rules. 'Should have done that instead of doing research. You know why? Because they are the guys who travel.
Some of our products managers are going to Paris soon. 
"Business trip". Yeah, right. Of course, they asked where they should go to get nice food. I told them that in my ex-Parisian opinion, there're two places they shou... have to go:
- Le Cafe du commerce. Not expensive, easily metroable (metro: commerce, 'can't make it easier). It's also the oldest bistrot in Paris. I agree it's not the best one, but the place is awesome. And there's no need to make reservations.
My picks there: the Andouillette A.A.A.A.A (the best andouillette in France, period) but might be too "Frenchy" for their tastes. So I also suggested the "tartare" (raw ground beef) as another excellent choice... and of course the Foie gras (a classic), the moelle de boeuf (beef bone marrow) or the escargots (snails). I know it looks weird for a non-French person, but trust me, it's really, really good.
- El Fogon. The best Spanish restaurant in Paris. Metroable, too.
My picks: the Squid ink Paella. Wonderfull. Really. And if it's too"exotic" for you, go for the "Full Tapas" menu. Impressive too. But I swear: the Squid ink paella is worth the trip by itself. Be carefull when ordering the paella: you need to be at least 2 to order it.
Make reservations otherwise you won't get a table...

I would die for eating in those places right now...

Aucun commentaire: