jeudi 25 septembre 2008

On the road.

I got Pulled over going to work.
Yeah.
Lane sharing issue.
The CHP officer was very nice and polite, explaining that he knows that I wasn't Lane splitting -which is illegal- but that when there's only one lane, Lane sharing is illegal, too.
Bullshit.
Lane sharing is legal in California, even according to CHP web site (note that they don't even make the diference between sharing and splitting):

Can motorcycle riders "split" lanes and ride between other vehicles?
Lane splitting by motorcycles is permissible but must be done in a safe and prudent manner.

Problem is the question is a gray area as cops may think it's unsafe at the time and for the conditions. But in any case, the "it's forbidden when there's only one lane" is BS, big time.

Long story short: I didn't get any ticket. The officer has been called for an emergency while writing the ticket. He just told me to not do it again, gave me back my licence and registration and left.

In my bad luck, I got lucky, one might say.

Aucun commentaire: